There is something magical when the sun is shining on the snow after a heavy snowfall. I want to see my footprint on the freshly glowing snow and listen to the sound of silence... Brilliant sunlight makes the Earth glistening, the air is crisp cool and a white peaceful serenity wards off my worries and calms my mind... It seems like everything in the world is in perfect balance and nothing can destroy this moment... Rejoicing in the morning sunlight, I feel empowered to confidently take the next step in the brightest day... Mark Oliver Everett's thought (from Things The Grandchildren Should Know) comes to mind simply to give a poetic shape of my experience "Life is so full of unpredictable beauty and strange surprises. Sometimes that beauty is too much for me to handle. Do you know that feeling? When something is just too beautiful?... When someone says something that moves you..." 
That is exactly how I feel on this wonderful February Monday. It is Family Day and I am in the woods with my family, hardly walking on a narrow almost invisible path while my son is following me with the dog and my husband is holding a basket full with everything we need for a sweet winter picnic. I had prepared the melted chocolate, minutes before we left home, made from this recipe. My husband suggested using the burner from the fondue set to roast the Tahitian vanilla marshmallows. Hot coffee and hot cocoa in a thermos are keeping us warm. We haven't made S'mores since our son left his Scouts group more than two years ago...
It is a comfort to know that all it takes to make me happy is a handsome group of loved people and a dog to laugh with, untouched snow and fresh air to breathe in and a roasted marshmallow and a layer of chocolate sandwiched between two pieces of graham cracker to indulge in ...

At this moment I can't think of a better way to enjoy a simple winter afternoon together in nature... 
   




S'mores

You will need:
graham crackers
pieces of chocolate or melted chocolate
large marshmallows

Directions: 
Take one graham cracker and spread it with melted chocolate.
Put a marshmallow on a stick and hold it over the flame until roasted. Turn the stick until the outside of the marshmallow is golden brown. It tastes better caramelized.
Take the toasted marshmallow while on the stick, and lay it on the side of the graham cracker with the chocolate. Take another graham cracker and cover the hot marshmallow.
When the S'more is fully assembled, let it cool for a few seconds. Squish the S'more between your fingers and ... enjoy it!







                                                                               I hope you have a happy happy week ahead!



a FB post of a friend of mine



Savvy Southern StyleBe Inspired FridayHome Sweet Home